Gibson Brands Forums

NGD on hold for time being.

skilsaw

My Doctor just told me I should get a CPAP machine to use while I sleep. It is a positive air pressure device that you wear with a mask. Quick Google Search tells me they cost between $200 and $2,000. About the same cost as a new guitar. I've got GAS right now for a Fender American Deluxe Strat. I'll have to keep things under control and not go the Credit Card Route. Then comes Christmas, and I am the Santa Claus around here. I'll never get the Strat!

My Doctor just told me I should get a CPAP machine to use while I sleep. It is a positive air pressure device that you wear with a mask. Quick Google Search tells me they cost between $200 and $2,000. About the same cost as a new guitar. I've got GAS right now for a Fender American Deluxe Strat. I'll have to keep things under control and not go the Credit Card Route. Then comes Christmas, and I am the Santa Claus around here. I'll never get the Strat!

I have a similar sort of think going for me; found out where I'm living is being sold in 6 months, so will have to move again for the second time in a year, which as you can imagine isn't cheap. I had a nice little savings pot for a new guitar which is now going to disappear into a new deposit.

My list of wanted guitars is too long; but a 2016 Traditional and a J-185 are on there quite high.

literally, a GAS mask.

(good idea to stay away from the credit card, they are a trap) [thumbup]

I thought I saw your Tele on the bay FZF but not a strat.

quote name='Pesh' timestamp='1443640806' post='1698263']

I have a similar sort of think going for me; found out where I'm living is being sold in 6 months, so will have to move again for the second time in a year, which as you can imagine isn't cheap. I had a nice little savings pot for a new guitar which is now going to disappear into a new deposit.

My list of wanted guitars is too long; but a 2016 Traditional and a J-185 are on there quite high.

I bought a J-185 back in 1992 orr 1992

Highly recommended purchase, kind of pricey at the time at 1200 bucks.

Mine is in killer shape, the marks on the pics are light swirl marks and finger prints.

Too bad the cost of nice guitars has really gone up, as I have a few more things on the list.

IMG_1548_zps4idj5xgn.jpg?t=1443803580IMG_1550_zpshw2tj78j.jpg

A good night sleep is gonna be important.

Does insurance not help out with the cost of something like this?

A good night sleep is gonna be important.

Does insurance not help out with the cost of something like this?

A local distributor of CPAP machines has a free 1 month trial. During that time, you can take the machine back to get the settings dialed in to your specific needs, and you can try different masks. It is a seductive program. Who are you going to purchase from when the month long trial is up? I've found the same machine they lent me on the internet for 1/3 off the MSRP. But you get no hands on product support.

I've used the machine just two nights and have woken up early, feeling more rested than I have in months. Already I'm thinking that if the distributor has a reasonably price maintenance agreement, I'll go with them.

I have to send a letter to my medical insurance company to see how much, if any coverage on the cost.

I've got GAS right now for a Fender American Deluxe Strat.

I found out there is a Special Edition American Deluxe Strat with a Mahogany body! Wonder how it Sounds? I wonder how heavy it is? It should not scratch and dent like the ones with an Alder body. Only a 2 tone burst. Not 3 tone like the standard guitar.

I'm telling myself to hold on until January. Christmas will be finished and I've got some discretionary money coming. Self control is under rated.

Archived