Gibson Brands Forums

For JCV and Lefty Guy

Fullmental Alpinist

Perhaps this is much ado about nothing, but here's a capo for lefties:

Sinister Capo

Lefty Guy: How are you coming along? How's the shoulder?

JCV: Have you added anything new to your collection of guitars or do you have one of each now?

FMA

slowly recovering thx....4 weeks on & I'm now sling-less....shoulder is very stiff but I'm regaining some movement & its less painful....hoping to try picking up an acoustic this weekend :-)

thx for asking!

Most wound guitar strings come clockwise wound. It is debatable if they sound the same played by right-handed and left-handed players. Perhaps a string manufacturer will release counterclockwise-wound strings one day. My guess would be some April, 1st, too.

FMA ,

I'll check out that capo !!! Very interesting

I have not purchased anything new yet but am considering a 3/4 sized Fender left handed **** Dale signature Malibu !!!

It comes in really nice Surfin' Red finish with beautiful double pickguards.

DD is a hero of mine because he plays Lefty upside down (strings are in a righty position) and that is how I started

Peace and Love

JC

I have not purchased anything new yet but am considering a 3/4 sized Fender left handed **** Dale signature Malibu !!!

It comes in really nice Surfin' Red finish with beautiful double pickguards.

DD is a hero of mine because he plays Lefty upside down (strings are in a righty position) and that is how I started

Peace and Love

JC

There's a "typearound" required. [rolleyes] These fora block names like D!ck. [biggrin]

D!ck Dale pictured with his signature Fender flattop - notice his personal fretboard inlay:

4353982f78075fc4c024c22978b76131.jpg

Only one lefty version left in stock here:

http://www.amazon.com/Fender-Signature-Malibu-Handed-Acoustic-Electric/dp/B003JNZ7XK

Seems to come correctly lefty strung, so there's no problem with inverse nut grooves:

31Rnz5lJ7dL.jpg

You're kidding, right?

I wish I was ,but LH models by other makers are really scarce right now unless custom ordered (montana is off limits)

And I don't really see anything that interesting that has a reasonable price except the D!ck Dale model which to me fills to needs:

3 /4 size & all hog (never had an all hog instrument)

JC

D!ck Dale pictured with his signature Fender flattop - notice his personal fretboard inlay:

4353982f78075fc4c024c22978b76131.jpg

Only one lefty version left in stock here:

http://www.amazon.com/Fender-Signature-Malibu-Handed-Acoustic-Electric/dp/B003JNZ7XK

Seems to come correctly lefty strung, so there's no problem with inverse nut grooves:

31Rnz5lJ7dL.jpg

Thanks Cap !!!

I appreciate it lt

I think the look is cool and for under 1k

!!!

JC

You're kidding, right?

I wish I was ,but LH models by other makers are really scarce right now unless custom ordered (montana is off limits)

And I don't really see anything that interesting that has a reasonable price except the D!ck Dale model which to me fills to needs:

3 /4 size & all hog (never had an all hog instrument)

JC

No, I meant capmaster was kidding when he wrote that you can't post D!CK without using a work around because the censors would block it.

I wish you the best on this guitar should you choose to get it.

I have a hankering for a Trini Lopez (original) because he was the guy that made me want to play guitar.

p1_ue2d2vwi2_so.jpg

Cheers,

FMA

You folks are incorrigible with your gutter mouths and minds. A civilized society would refer to him as Richard Dale just as we recognize Handsome Richard Manitoba from the Dictators and Richard Clark's Rockin' Eve.

Some guys with the given name Richard choose to call themselves D!ck. In 1968 even the well-civilized Richard Carpenter named the band consisting of himself on piano, his sister Karen on drums and vocals, and Bill Sissoyev on bass guitar D!ck Carpenter Trio.

Archived