Gibson Brands Forums

ES-339 Clearance?

knuckles

I ordered an Antique Red 30/60 in October and I am happy to report I received notice today it is being shipped. I spoke to Musicians Friend earlier this week and they said 3 Reds were coming in end of January but they couldn't tell if one was headed to me.

She also said a much larger lot is arriving late February which should help clear up the back order...

Intersting, the GuitarCenter site has some colors expected in August 09. Glad I got mine in time to convince Murph to get one. Of course now everyone wants one. And at this price they should go and get one.

Incidentally I got rid of the last thing that was nagging me about mine - I drop filled the lacquer over some deep scratch lines from where they scrape the neck binding. Couple of coats of McFadden's and it buffed out beautifully.

Hey Bobv.

Thanks.

This is my favorite guitar ever, and I've sold some that are not in the sig.

I am, however, on a mission to make MINE the first REAL relic. Not for "stupid", just because I play it so much. I gig a lot, off this weekend because of the ice storm, but mine usually works every weekend.

Again, thanks.

Murph.

I was concerned that clearance meant that they were discontinuing the model. "Once they are gone they are all gone" type of situation. i hope that is not the case. I did place an order back in December. Waiting in killing me.
They are probably clearancing the 2008 models to be replaced with 2009 models.

Well, they're definitely not going to dump what appears to be a new success. They've got something planned but I hope its not a leap in price. Some will argue that it is a bargain at $1799, but that's relative to the way over inflated price of the 335. In reality, some other guitars like the 135 require about as much work and are not priced as high just because they can't sell them at too high a price. That is what really drives pricing...what can they get away with.

Archived