Gibson Brands Forums

Any one from Florida ??

brc

Any of the forum members living in Florida.

Looks like I am headed that way around mid Jan. or 1st of Feb of next year

I have some family in Florida ( plus a few other states ) but as of 3 weeks ago it was narrowed down to Florida

If any of the members live in the Orlando area, any good,or bad thoughts about it.

Actually the area is Haines city not too far from Orlando

Thanks. BRC

Leaving tomorrow for WDW. It's our 35th anniversary this weekend and we thought it would be nice to just sit down and enjoy the Food and Wine fest. It has been a not so great year, so just a rest would be good.

But we've built in two days of house looking, one up in Palm Coast and one in Lady Lake/Villages area. We have less than three years to go to get out of this mess called work, so we're getting pretty serious about it. Good tax scene, no state and property is ridiculous compared to outrageous NJ.

I hope some folks here from down there are encouraging, and good luck with your move if you do it!

rct

But we've built in two days of house looking, one up in Palm Coast and one in Lady Lake/Villages area.

Hey, why not look a bit further north? The villages is golf cart, stepford wife weird (you're not that old yet). And Palm Coast is nearly the same - with some gangs thrown in. Taxes are cheap in Flagler County, but St. Johns county is much nicer and full of reasonably priced houses. [thumbup]

Hey, why not look a bit further north? The villages is golf cart, stepford wife weird (you're not that old yet). And Palm Coast is nearly the same - with some gangs thrown in. Taxes are cheap in Flagler County, but St. Johns county is much nicer and full of reasonably priced houses. [thumbup]

Yup, St. Augustine is on our list for sure!

rct

Happy to make suggestions. We've been here over 15 years. Moved from the middle of the state - best move I ever made!

If God is willing and the creeks don't rise, I'll be hittin you up over the next couple years.

rct

Well it's a sure thing.

I listed my house today and already have the new house ready to go.

Only reason I am waiting until the first part of next year is I don't want to screw around with a cross country move in the middle of the holidays.

I know my real estate agent here in so Ca. and where I live now the houses are selling as fast as they are listed.

The last two houses in my close area were both sold with in 2 -3 weeks of the start of the listing. Average length of time on the market is about 3 -6 weeks.

I dropped my price enough to get a quick sell.

Already have the movers dialed in, and all the bull-shicrap that goes along with a move.

I like to get things done well in advance if possible.

Guest Farnsbarns

My mother and brother both own places in Sarasota, my mother uses hers 6 months of the year being retired. My brothers is a holiday let which he occasionally uses.

I grew up in Leesburg Florida and have a bunch of family around there still. We visit every year and I'm reminded that Florida is a great state to be from! Maybe the beach is OK but central Florida is too hot and humid for me. Currently live in Fairbanks Alaska and it is very dry but COLD! one of these days I guess we will retire somewhere in the middle I hope. Although I do like staying in the Villages while down there. Have fun in Florida, lots of stuff to do if you can take the heat.

I guess Thoroughbred Music is no more?

Long gone. Elliot now owns Dean Guitars. We have Sam Ash and GC but, like I said, nothing worth a sh*t. I can't remember the last guitar I bought locally. Wait, it was a 1972 D18 from a private owner via Craigslist. 4 years ago. All hail the inter -webs.

Archived