Gibson Brands Forums

Swingster Vibrato arm

moosesyr

I got some M4-.70 cap screws to replace the set screws that hold the vibrato handle. Didn't like having to use the allen wrench to install/remove the arm. It works goodexcept I need to grind the ends to a point to help hold it tighter. It cost $.80 at Lowe's, you would think they would have engineered this in, cheap and simple.

You need to remove the arm to put it in the case. Not a big deal with the set screws and wrench, but this is just easier and faster.

I've never heard of anyone having to remove a Bigsby arm to put it in the case --- only rotating the arm to its lowest position. Unless of course it's not the right case.

You need to remove the arm to put it in the case.

Yea, that's what I thought was going on.

So, if you have the correct Epiphone case you don't need to do that.

I have a Swingster with the correct case and I was doing the same thing you are till I tracked down Epiphone support to get the answer.

when you case it, set the arm like this:

WP_20151130_003_zpspgh8wzde.jpg

This allows the case to close without putting any undue stress on the bigsby hardware. I know it looks a bit wonky, but it works.

had my Swingster white Royale since 2012, and not a single issue.

Try it!

/Ray

• 2 weeks later...

What is this about a Case that actually allows the vibrato arm to stay on the Swingster? I looked everywhere for a case when I got my Swingster and the best one I could find had a nice arch but still put pressure on the vibrato arm so that I actually had to loosen the set screws and turn the arm 90 degrees so the tip pointed down toward the body... that allowed me to get it in the case without the case pressing down on the vibrato arm constantly. If there is a case that works better, I can't find it.

What is this about a Case that actually allows the vibrato arm to stay on the Swingster? I looked everywhere for a case when I got my Swingster and the best one I could find had a nice arch but still put pressure on the vibrato arm so that I actually had to loosen the set screws and turn the arm 90 degrees so the tip pointed down toward the body... that allowed me to get it in the case without the case pressing down on the vibrato arm constantly. If there is a case that works better, I can't find it.

I have no idea if there is another case that would work while at the same time, fitting well enough to be "correct"

I have what Epiphone considers the "right" case and the photo above is how I was assured it was supposed to fit.

I've had my swingster for a while now, and there are no issues that have been a result of this, but it looks like there should be a better way.

Archived