Gibson Brands Forums

Where can I get a G-400 pickguard?

Collum170

Welcome to the forum. I've always had good luck in the past, with Terrapin Guitars, http://www.terrapinguitars.com/. I've purchased 8-10 guards from John (and Mary), very nice work. Recently though, I've had a few made by a guy I found on the "bay". He did my black Sorrento Reissue replacement. He also made a replacement guard for my Texan reissue, that fit perfectly. I pulled the stock one and sent it to him. He used it as a template and returned it with the new, black one. Great communication, low prices, quick turn around. Mike (caphob, on the bay) might be able to help you out. C-rocker.com. Tell him Pat sent you.

P.S, Something I've learned over the years on shipping pick guards, back and forth. I put them in a magazine, for protection, then sent it USPS Media Mail (so that technically, I'm playing by the rules [rolleyes],), which is cheaper and safer than Parcel Post. Works great.

Pickguardian doesn't seem to have a section for epiphones. I left a message to terrapinguitars about it. I noticed GreasyGroove sells a bunch of pickguards, but they're shipping from Canada. It would be $40 for a full sized cream pickguard. Does anyone know if terrapin would be cheaper?

About the same, unless it's a '61 reissue style, that'll be less. If you go to their website, you can print out full sized pattern to see what fits and what needs to be changed. They have 3 different styles.

Pickguardian doesn't seem to have a section for epiphones. I left a message to terrapinguitars about it. I noticed GreasyGroove sells a bunch of pickguards, but they're shipping from Canada. It would be $40 for a full sized cream pickguard. Does anyone know if terrapin would be cheaper?

Pickgurdian's website isn't very good. You'll want to email him. He's very helpful and makes great quality stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had http://www.terrapinguitars.com/ make me a few pick guards. He isn't the cheapest guy on the block, but he does very good work. I had him make one for my Dot and Sheraton and they came out great. The Dot is in my Avatar. He did need my original pick guards to use as a template to make sure the new ones fit around the pickups right. They fit like a glove, no trimming need on my part. I also had him design one for a Strat that I made. It came out very nice. His communication is great, we where in contact with each other several times until I decided on this design.

There used to be someone here on the forum that did pick guards too, but I think he got sick and isn't doing them any more.

Here is the one terrapinguitars did for my Strat.

Lion-Body2.jpg

Archived