Gibson Brands Forums

RIP David Bowie

4Hayden

Man, I was listening to Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders form Mars in my little studio/office today. What a record - not only for electric guitar - there are nice acoustic guitars all over that record, doubled and panned. And the way Bowie doubles his own voice for emphasis on certain parts. The variety of close and dry versus wet and distant vocal sounds. D@mn fine album - what a talent we've lost! [crying]

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

David Bowie hilariously turned down doing a song with Coldplay because he said it sucked.

The Coldplay lads once tried contacting Bowie to see if he would consider collaborating with them on one of their songs in which they had a "David Bowie-type character".

Singer Chris Martin sent him a letter asking him to be involved and, according to a smiling Will Champion, Bowie replied, "It's not a very good song, is it?" Coldplay's reaction was to not be overly phased – Champion notes, "He was very discerning – he wouldn't just put his name to anything. I'll give him credit for that!"

http://www.someecards.com/entertainment/music/david-bowie-coldplay-collaboration/

Archived