Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone DR500M Masterbuilt

OldCowboy

Thank you! Good to know the info. How's the stability with seasonal weather changes? I'm chasing the dream, I suspect: trying to find something well made/good sounding that can be played "out" year 'round without having to spend undue time in repair. Insane? Probably, but - hey - a quest is just a quest!

Hello again,

Do you have a line on a DR500M is it used?

Not sure where you are from and what type of seasonal changes you live with.

Man all j can say is I got very lucky when I found mine.

It was perfect no dings, warped body or bridge lift. Heck all I had to do was lower the action a wee bit and changed strings.

It plays wonderfully no complaints. It's straight acoustic no pick up (yet) installed and stays in tune forever.

My seasonal changes are pretty extreme living in the NE. Right now, it's out of its case and I'm struggling to maintain room humidity around 31-40%. Constantly running the humidifier.

But even with some days with very low humidity my DR500 MNS. stays stable.

I'm betting you will like it a lot.

Good luck searching or with it if you got one.

Just a comment on the RH factor:I have a DR 500MCE and I bought one of those D'Addario pouch packs to keep things under control in our Canadian winter.Some complain that they dry out and get hard after a few months but what I've been doing is including a Planet Waves humidifier (you know the one w/ the little sponge in it)and it seems to keep things stable.I have a hygrometer and,so far, even with the -27 Celsius we just had, it stays around 41% to 43% and the sacks aren't drying out.It seems like an inexpensive way to preserve a pretty darn good guitar.Might seem like an insurance policy on an insurance policy but I think it's not overly expensive and it appears to work.

Howdy I left B.C the 15 of Jan. 2016 in my 28 ft. RV with my three loves my wife my cat my DR500MCE. Lots of rain and big storms going down the Oregon cost for a month had to take the humidifiers out. Started across Arizona put them back in the hole time the guitar plays great and stays in tune just as it should. Get yourself a good humidity gauge and humidifier I use two Oasis Plus one in the sound hole one up in the neck guitar in the hard case at all times when not out having the time of my life playing the beauty. Mik

Archived