Gibson Brands Forums

The "Electric Lady"

MrNylon

Nice. Always wanted and SG Bass.

Thanks, it really does play nice. The Fender Super Bassman tube head doesn't hurt the sounds from it either. With the pups on it, it's basically power into power.

PZ1UUc5.jpg

Really like the finish on that - it appears to be bare, stained mahogany, but then I can see the bridge/tailpiece reflecting off the top, so there must be a protective coat... matte finish, I assume? Looks very durable and like something that would resist fingerprints. Did they give the neck the same treatment?

All in all, a very handsome instrument! [thumbup]

Nice Looker, and prolly great to have it back. I've quit loaning stuff out cuz then that's the only thing I want to use is the (fill in the blank) that I loaned out. Why does it work that way? :rolleyes:

Aster

I actually sold this, and bought it back.

Thanks, it does look decent. This SG Spl. is a Cherry Stain (Satin). There is a very thin Nitro coat, as compared to the Heritage Cherry's heavy Nitro finish on the SG Std. It's a matt finish, and the neck has the same finish to it. The Nitro finish would be the protective coat you're referring to.

tsin6vc.jpg2wfo4Tn.jpg

That...my man, is a bass!! [thumbup]

AqQhiwa.gifYes it is! I had to laugh, since I've been trying, unsuccessfully to stay away from the EB0/SG series basses for 47 years. And finally woke up to liking them more overall. A Great Bass.

rkLYtjr.jpg

Archived