Gibson Brands Forums

Petiton

ilovegibsons

Yep. +1.

Besides' date=' the whole idea of the bfg is retarded (sorry to bfg owners) but doesnt anyone realize that having a killswitch on a guitar with two independent volume knobs and a 3 way selector switch is the most retarded thing on the ****ing earth? Plus why cant someone buy the goddamn les paul vm used and switch its pups? Christ, then you would get another good tone knob which is much more useful than a piece of **** killswitch.[/quote']

Im sorry but I have to agree... as much as I really like the idea of an unfinished guitar (and liked the looks of those bfgs that looked like crocodile skin) I think the control layout is lame... Why take 1 tone control away from a les paul? why a kill switch? Who uses those things anyway?

Don't agree at all a gloss black studio with a p-90 and a BB isn't retarded and in fact it's a great combination and has a lot of tonal range. The complaint on the controls is no big issue to me I don't use the kill switch playing but it doesn't bother me either and in fact it can be handy, I use the BFG on only a few songs and it's pretty cool to be able to just switch it off leaving everything set and just set in in a rack

Archived