Gibson Brands Forums

The message box

E-minor7

Here's a little investigation.

Regarding the size of the message box, the messenger storage.

I now and again have dialogues behind curtain and not seldom they are precious little exchanges with good informations and groovy personal vibes. However the Box is only so big and once in while it's necessary to clean out - which means erasing important and valuable conversations that should be allowed to stay alive in archive form.

Wonder if it would be possible for the mods to change the size of the messenger storage and offer us more room. And if anyone else recognize the issue.

Just a thought - but not a detail.

What do you guys'n'girls think - Any support here ?

P.S. - Yes, I know the messages can be copied to private mail.

I never thought about it but how hard can it be to make it a little bigger to accommodate them that need it? I'd just hate to see it go the route of a lot of things these days where someone is licking their lips and rubbing their hands together as they see it as a way to make some more money off of this forum when the very content is coming from the people participating in the forum itself. When we start having a bunch of pop up advertising while I'm trying to read text I'll be gone, and that's what is happening on some other forums.

I hope they would realize that this forum sells guitars and doesn't need any more monetary incentive to exist... And then give us more message space. I mean, why not? It's not 1995. I don't use it much, but it's a pain to delete old messages.

. . . and if you don't delete when the box is full, no further messages can be received, no pop up warning, just unanswered messages.

Plenty of opportunity here to make the forum more valuable in this context. Yes, messages can be saved elsewhere, but the organization, dating, contacts, etc, here are easy to navigate in click-onable html.

Yes, upgraded messaging storage would be nice. The ads on some sites are barely noticeable; Photobucket, however, is another story.

. . . and if you don't delete when the box is full, no further messages can be received, no pop up warning, just unanswered messages.

Plenty of opportunity here to make the forum more valuable in this context. Yes, messages can be saved elsewhere, but the organization, dating, contacts, etc, here are easy to navigate in click-onable html.

Yes, upgraded messaging storage would be nice. The ads on some sites are barely noticeable; Photobucket, however, is another story.

I think the ad block I use on Chrome must work really well. I don't think I even get ads on Photobucket! I'm not sure if I'm supposed to admit to using an ad blocker, though... Does this site have ads? If so, uhhh, I have it on my "allow ads" list, of course...

(I think WE are the ads...)

For myself, it's not much of an issue. However, it would be more convenient if the boxes were a little bigger, or you were at least warned when the box is full. There are a lot of very sincere and dedicated Gibson lovers in this forum, and I believe it's obvious that many Gibsons are sold because of the information provided by the members in this forum (as already stated above).

Archived