Gibson Brands Forums

Looking for Gibson Bridge Pins

J-200 Koa

Back in the day, Gibson used to sell their cream colored plastic bridge pins.

Packaged six to a pack, they were the same length and diameter as original

pins so they were perfect replacement pins. Gibson stopped selling them,

according to my dealer. Any ideas where to find the cream colored pins that

are the correct size? (I am not looking for upgrade bone or tusq, just the original

plastic pins).

I replaced the stock Gibson plastic pins on my J-50 years ago and saved them. Overall length is 1 1/4 inches. If that is what you are looking for send me your address via a PM and they're yours, gratis. P.S. I would call the color white more so than cream.

Check with your luthier. You might get lucky - chances are 50/50, but some have a pretty good stash of used and older pins from repairs and replacements and such. I went that route on a couple of restorations, and even managed to score a few with that great, yellow patina that they develop with age. Also, Elderly carries a pretty decent line of German made repro pins for Gibson and Martin.

I was going to suggest the Antique Acoustics from Elderly as well, I used them to replace the beat-up original pins on my 1965 J-50 and they're great. But they are intended for vintage model guitars, and I wasn't sure if that was what you wanted. Here's a link: http://www.elderly.com/accessories/instrument-parts-accessories/guitar-parts-accessories/acoustic-guitar-parts/acoustic-guitar-bridge-pins-endpins?manufacturer=12

Anyone know of anywhere in the uk ?

As in , someone who knows what size will fit what guitar etc ...

Could order blind off amazon or fleabay and hope for best , or contact stewmac or colossi and wait forever on post and pray customs don't get the package .

Just seems strange that a uk store isn't there for us .

1463668233[/url]' post='1770709']

Anyone know of anywhere in the uk ?

As in , someone who knows what size will fit what guitar etc ...

Could order blind off amazon or fleabay and hope for best , or contact stewmac or colossi and wait forever on post and pray customs don't get the package .

Just seems strange that a uk store isn't there for us .

Hi I use Strings Direct in the UK for all my requirements . Brilliant service and prices . They stock a good range of bridge pins etc

Hi I use Strings Direct in the UK for all my requirements . Brilliant service and prices . They stock a good range of bridge pins etc

Just had a look , will give them a shot

But my point was , if I type in 'Gibson acoustic bridge pins' no one has an answer . But hey ho , serve me right for being ignorant about what I need 😄

These Dimensions were sent to me from Gibson Service as measurements for my 2015 J45 Standard . I know it's a different model but could be of help .

Width Across the top 7.5mmDepth of pin 28mmWidth Across the bottom of the pin 3.2mm

I replaced the stock Gibson plastic pins on my J-50 years ago and saved them. Overall length is 1 1/4 inches. If that is what you are looking for send me your address via a PM and they're yours, gratis. P.S. I would call the color white more so than cream.

Mountain Picker,

I could use your set of pins if you are still offering. My J-45's pins are reall chewed up. Let me know & I'll send you my address.

Thanks

Pere

Archived