Gibson Brands Forums

Any Kevin Welch fans out there?

ajsc

Yes...I have been a fan since 92 when Western Beat came out. He was one of the movers in the early 90's singer song writer group that came out of Nashville / Austin at that time.

I have been working on a passable version of "Somethin' About You". Although I know he capos on that song, I have been able to play it out of 1st position key of C. It has been a while and that video has motivated me to go back and brush that song off.

What Gibson is he playing ....looks sort of like a CJ-165 on the Something About You clip.

thanks for the clips and reminding me to work on that song. Good to know he is still out performing!

• 1 month later...

Just caught this. Kevin Welch is a great songwriter. I have western Beat and the one just called Kevin Welch. After that he went on to form Dead Reckoning Records with Kieran Kane from the O'Kanes along with Mike Henderson and some others. Great stuff.

Great stuff. If you don't have Western Beat you owe it to yourself - Something 'Bout You is worth the price of admission. I Look for You is pretty impressive and a great cover of John Hiatt's Train to Birmingham is well worth repeated listens.

Archived