Gibson Brands Forums

ABR-1. Bent Post?

Murph

Does it really happen?

I've seen pictures posted, but I mean, very often?

My ES-339 is my first time to own one. At first, I thought it rattled. Then I realized it was "true tone" causing el mucho sustain in a pure tone machine.........

But, paranoia slips in, although I've been clean for nearly a decade............................................

I beat the hell out of a guitar, any ABR-1 users ever had a real problem with the post?

Sorry to spoil the mood of the "Lounge", with a gear question (ahem) just figured Les Pauls, SG's, ect have em', and this part of the forum gets a lot of views.

Best of luck.

Murph.

Thanks AXE. Mine's perfect to date, the guitar has only gigged since Sept., but man, those #6 screws look small, and like I said, I've read about it..

I DO believe, that the design creates more sustain. Swear to God. I can feel it. I'm a big fan now.

Best of luck.

Murph.

I, too, have veard of it happening but I can't believe it was through normal playing or the guitar being set-up correctly.

When I got my R0 the bass-side screw over which the ABR-1 sits was not properly screwed down into the body - so much so that the top of it was proud of the bridge. This meant that there was very little of the screw body in the maple cap and I suspect it could have become bent at the base if unusual stress had been put on the bridge. It's fine now, of course.

Archived