Gibson Brands Forums

Posts deleted.

pippy

I expect the forum to go Tango Uniform at some point soon.

Well the Song Association Game in the Gibson Lounge already has - still getting the same fatal error message today, 48 hrs later.

Site is being targeted by spammers; go to main page, scroll down and look at the list of who's online.

1474594308[/url]' post='1801455']

Yeah, something's amiss. When you guys report a post, I get an email in addition to a highlighted (bright red) link at the top of the screen. This morning when I logged on, there was a half dozen spammy posts reported but only one or two emails to that effect. I nuked those posts and banned the spammers but over the course of the day, the email notifications kept trickling in, 12 hours or more after they were reported.

I expect the forum to go Tango Uniform at some point soon.

So the next time I see something like this on introduction, rather to comment that this is a Gibson site, I should just send you a e mail right?

So the next time I see something like this on introduction, rather to comment that this is a Gibson site, I should just send you a e mail right?

Down towards the lower left of the screen you should see a little yellow triangle and "report". Just click on that. I think there's a place for you to add a reason for the report. Not needed, really. That way I will get an email that 'so and so has reported something' and I can go in and nuke if needed. It's typically needed! People are very good about using this feature as it's meant.

In addition, I pop in here several times a day and I see up on top of my screen if anyone has reported anything. I do jump on these reports asap and in the case of spammers, I typically just go in and ban them altogether and delete any of their posts. They've usually only been forum members a day or two and post 5-10-15 spams. This last guy was more ambitious, 128 in a couple hours.

The email messages have been screwy the last couple days but I still see that stuff has been reported when I come in here.

If anyone feels the need to contact me directly for any reason, feel free. ksdaddy@yahoo.com

Archived