Gibson Brands Forums

What Do you Collect?

Steven Tari

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Star Wars and other toys' date=' and Sharpie markers. :)

And yes, the toys get played with, just like my guitars. Collecting without enjoying your stuff is void of soul, after all.

H-Bomb[/quote']

Playin' with Star Wars toys seems so childish. Whyncha get yourself some REAL toys like m'boys here? We keep each other company over a bud from time to time. You know, grownup stuff. =D>

CheechandChong002.jpg

CheechandChong003.jpg

I don't really collect guns, but I do hunt, and am a survivalist, so I had a pretty good stash before my Dad died. He was a dealer/collector. I've sold off most that I wasn't interested in.

What I've been hoarding/collecting for several decades is vacuum tubes. I've got hundreds, possibly in the thousands. I would go to t.v. repair shops, hamm guys, cb guys, old hardware stores, flea markets, yard sales, ect. I've got a Dumont TV from the early 40's in my living room. And a big tube radio.

I've picked up many 7025's, 5751's, 12AX7's, 12AT7's, 5AR4's, 6L6's, ect., ect., ect., for my personal amps but have many weird tubes I have no use for.

I always figured someone restoring an old tube jukebox, organ, radio, ect would need em'. They're not going down in value!

I'm gonna go through them this summer and put some on Ebay and see what happens.

Great topic.

Best to ya.

Murph.

Archived