Gibson Brands Forums

Blues On The Lowden S35

BluesKing777

I know, not what the Lowdens are known for, but mine has the new strings worn in nicely after a couple of weeks, the Humidipak System is kicking along very well and I don't think the previous owner has played this guitar in a long, long, long time.

And now it is smoking!

I have played this song a million times, was playing it earlier and the guitar was just sounding superb, and I probably haven't played/sang it as well as we were cooking along before I pressed record, but it is close....

So another version of Robert Johnson's "KindHearted Woman", but on the Lowden!

BluesKing777.

edit: forgot a photo!

ffnX0rK.jpg

Goes without saying...Great job love the sound of the lowden no matter if it is made for this music or not, I think it has more to do with the player. Do you have a version of this song you could post with a previous guitar it would be interesting to hear them back to back. Great stuff [thumbup]

Goes without saying...Great job love the sound of the lowden no matter if it is made for this music or not, I think it has more to do with the player. Do you have a version of this song you could post with a previous guitar it would be interesting to hear them back to back. Great stuff [thumbup]

Thanks KC.

I will do another version later today, so that I have the same equipment on the recording.

I will use the Cargill custom (similar size necks).

BluesKing777.

Well, here is the same tune just recorded with my Cargill custom and the other same equipment (Neumann KM184 > mixer > iMac).

The Cargill is only a couple of months old, whereas the Lowden is pushing 25 YO, and the tone is very different in the flesh, and I prefer not to buy the same guitar over and over, but that is harder to convey from a 3D playing experience to a one dimensional recording reduced to Soundcloud/Internet (Squished!)

Here goes then:

https://soundcloud.com/bk7-3/kindhrtw-cargill777

BluesKing777.

Got to tell you, BK, all your stuff is superb. You really do belong playing somewhere down in New Orleans in some smoky blues club, with a couple of good-looking gals giving you the eye....lol.... I don't know a great deal about your background, aside from what I've read on here, but you are a talented guy and you and a very friendly way of presenting your music. I always look-forward to hearing what your doing next. Your technique is awesome. I can do some things with "slide," but you live on a different planet...lol... Great stuff, my friend.

Thanks MP!

It is probably a combination of endless guitar playing and finding some fully fingerpicking deluxe no compromise guitars of recent times, but I can really dig in with this Lowden. I know the reputation for Celtic music specialty, but this one has a bit of satisfying growl to it. Hope it isn't because it is broken!

Non fingerstyling pickers would generally hate the wide neck and spacings, so be warned yee old strummers. But for me, great - those guitars are rare around my area!

Really pleased, just have to look at TE signature, but the guitar fund is still flush relatively because I traded some budget acoustics towards the used Lowden.

Which brings up the question ..... what next? Guitar wise?

Won't matter if I go to N'Orleans and have pretty girls hanging around - Better half will throw me out!

BluesKing777.

Archived