Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

SmokeyGhost

Here ya go... full set for the price of a single Duncan and sound better.

http://www.guitarfetish.com/1963-Strat-Overwound-Wound-Professional-Pickup-Set-_p_2095.html

You rock pup! Actually I think I'm going to try the lowest output version of that set, which seems like just what I'm after!

Nice timing too, I can order some new pots along with an amp part order!

We're in the same boat regarding pickups. I just like the stuff hanging off the guitar when I buy the bloody things.

I'm usually the same way! In this case I didn't pick out the guitar, and the bridge humbucker doesn't even work and I'd rather have the single coil config, so in this case changing the pickups is almost necessary for me

Nice Strat - except for that extra coil in the bridge pickup. :rolleyes:

[lol]

There are humbuckers that have the ability to become a single coil. Best of both worlds? lol!

Very pretty guitar. I have an MIM I adore that has that same style. Black with White pickguard and a Maple neck. Very classic looking. [wink]

• 3 weeks later...

Have been enjoying the Fender. Nice, smooth neck, frets rolled. A very interesting change with the shawbucker from position 1 and 2 with the middle pickup. Extremely clever switching I think. Nothing overwhelms and it seems to me that the volume from the pickups are constant from position 2 through to 5. I'm impressed with the quality of manufacture in the guitar but having said that, it's pretty easy to impress me.

I really dig the 'bucker which I plug into the Blues Junior. Certainly not muddy and a definite strat twang there in my view.

Yeah, I'm very happy and think it is one of my better buys. Neighbours may not think so but then I don't necessarily think about them so we're equal on that score. Plus I'm outta this house at the end of the month so everybody is going to be happy - apart from my new neighbours but they don't know that yet.

As an addendum, just for the heck of it, I turned the Volume and Master on the amp to 12, Fat switch to on, the Volume and Tone for the neck pickup on the strat to 10. Won't be doing that again. Jesu, 30 minutes later I still couldn't hear clearly. So surprised what comes out of 15 amps (it's my first tube amp.)

Archived