Gibson Brands Forums

Robot LP Standard with 5A Top WOW !

DiamondJig

lol' date=' good analysis ;)[/quote']

Excellent logic LOL

One of the things I defended the Robot on, on another guitar forum was a poster (who owned an 2001 standard) who said "it is just a studio with robot tuners, I am not paying an extra £600 for that!"

My reply was "well you were happy to pay an extra £600 for binding, at least the Robot tuning is actually a functioning and useful feature!"

Matt

Well said Matt! I would trade binding for my tuners all day long!

Has anyone checked that serial number with gibson to see if it's legit? Just curious. Something about the ad/story has my B.S. radar going off.

I sent an inquiry to Gibson Customer Service about it...no reply as yet.

What exactly sounds hinky to you about the seller's story? <g>

Cat Daddy

More of a gut feeling than anything, but I thought it strange that he was adamant about it not being a proto-type (then what is it, a salesman demo??) and also, the fact that Gibson would send it to M.F. to sell it, and he states that He contacted Gibson and they said they were ony 'aware' of that one.

Not saying it's a scam, but just not quite right to me, and I think I have a pretty good bs detector.

I think somebody took the tronical tuners of a junked Robot (somebody broke a neck or something) and put the system on another LP and is hoping to get over the value of the guitar because its supposedly a "one of a kind". I really doubt Gibson would send a one of kind guitar to musicians friend, they are a mass retailer and usually order items in bulk. Which brings up my next point that im sure Gibson doesnt just send guitars to mass retailers without them being ordered. Unless of course it was a promotional item, and then I dont think their would just be one in the world. With all the people here that know a hell of alot about Gibsons (like Elantric) for nobody to have heard of this guitar is highly suspicious. I wouldnt bid on it, but then of course I dont have alot of faith in the goodness of my fellow human beings. Especially on Ebay.

Has anyone checked that serial number with gibson to see if it's legit?

I received a reply from Gibson Customer Service about the guitar. According to their database, that serial number is listed as a 2007 Les Paul Standard Plus Top, with a '60's neck and the Powertune system.

Folks, I think it's legit! <g>

Cat Daddy

Looks like an interesting guitar. I bet it will be worth a fortune some day.

I doubt it. I think the First Run Limited GORs will be worth more simply to the fact that people in the future will think that this is a manually jacked LP.

My guess.

Archived