Gibson Brands Forums

1933 L 00

Some of the things George had to say about the market for guitars costing twice as much being one tenth the size as those costing half as much was insightful, considering the source.

Interesting to see that body shape for an L-00, but just as interesting to catch some footage of The George Gruhn actually playing . . . and surely the forum's (ex) Parlourman would have something to say about the footwear.

That was really enlightening. My L-00 Legend is one of my favorites. I searched for a good vintage one for a couple of years before giving up. Most either had or needed a substantial amount of work, which is consistent with what George said about them being both lightly built and often not cared for properly. That's not a good combination.

The Legend may not be 80 years old, but it still has a lot of vintage vibe, and is a really user-friendly guitar in your hands.

I was drooling a bit at the D-45 on the stand just behind George's left shoulder...

As a fan of the L-00 guitar I found this fascinating. Thanks for sharing. It appears Gibson was a pretty loose ship at times. But they made a great product then as well as now. Don't know why but I am drawn to the sound of these little guitars with, often, big voices.

Very cool, thanks for sharing. I can't get enough of these old Gibson's and just when you think you've seen it all another mystery appears. I was wondering if it was for sale at first but then George said it was in his personal collection and that Vince Gill has dibs if he ever decides to sell it.

Archived