Gibson Brands Forums

Show Me Your Gibson Goldtone Amps

RevDavidLee

So what's the value of some of these Goldtone Amps?

I found this one on Craigslist this morning.

A Gibson GA-30RVS stereo 212 amp, used by Joe Perry during the Just Push Play era.

The guy wants $750.00 for it.

That's the same one I posted a photo of my GA30RVS on Page 1 of the thread. I don't know if $750 is fair or not,, condition would matter but I will tell ya, this is one hell of an amp. It has the typical CLASS A thick and creamy tone, touch dynamics are very impressive, the reverb (stereo) is deep and full.

there are 2 fx loop options (Switchable - Series/Parallel) foot switch controlled (Single) A dual foot switch controls the Gain stage (pull out on the volume) and reverb on/off. Single tone control. it's a LOUD 30 watts (2 Class A 15watt amps coupled together)

Mains Tubes are all plug and play for changes.. (you need a matched quad EL34)..

Down side is the weight, 89 lbs...

There were two varients, a lighter brown cab, with an angled front baffle (The original styling) and a darker brown with a straight baffle board (version 2..)

the Version 2 amps were a bit better in regard to sturdiness of the cabinetry.

That's the same one I posted a photo of my GA30RVS on Page 1 of the thread. I don't know if $750 is fair or not,, condition would matter but I will tell ya, this is one hell of an amp. It has the typical CLASS A thick and creamy tone, touch dynamics are very impressive, the reverb (stereo) is deep and full.

there are 2 fx loop options (Switchable - Series/Parallel) foot switch controlled (Single) A dual foot switch controls the Gain stage (pull out on the volume) and reverb on/off. Single tone control. it's a LOUD 30 watts (2 Class A 15watt amps coupled together)

Mains Tubes are all plug and play for changes.. (you need a matched quad EL34)..

Down side is the weight, 89 lbs...

There were two varients, a lighter brown cab, with an angled front baffle (The original styling) and a darker brown with a straight baffle board (version 2..)

the Version 2 amps were a bit better in regard to sturdiness of the cabinetry.

If that amp is in really good condition & works perfectly, I don't think that price is out of line at all - adding in the fact they don't make them anymore - and that they sound so damn good :o

That having been said, I honestly don't remember what I paid for my GA30RVS because I've had it so long. It's hell getting old 8-[

If that amp is in really good condition & works perfectly, I don't think that price is out of line at all - adding in the fact they don't make them anymore - and that they sound so damn good :o

That having been said, I honestly don't remember what I paid for my GA30RVS because I've had it so long. It's hell getting old 8-[

I think I think I paid like 800 for the amp I bought, but it was a floor model, which UPS promptly annihilated in shipping, the new ones were going for $1,099 I seem to recall.. I received a brand new one for the price I paid Em Shorts for their floor model. #winning..

Archived