Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar Store Report

rct

I tried a 1993 Gibson Les Paul Lite with a trans amber top on it and it was lust at first strum. I tried it on a couple of different amps and made sure that it was the one for me and then bam! It was mine. This thing is lite and plays like a charm. They are 15% off on all used stuff there this weekend so I took advantage of that and now I have guitar #86. I think my wife hates me.

Congrats on a good purchase IMO. That is unlike any other Lite I have seen before. Uncovered pups, and two tone knobs. They have been making them off and on since about '89 I think, but usually with one master tone and toggle for coil tapping. Also looks like it does not have the belly carve that many have.

5AgjfAI.jpg

I got a Lite back in 2013 and really have enjoyed it but had it modified to get two tone knobs (one with push/pull for coil tap).

tZyf8s2.jpg

Main gigging guitar until I got a new Standard this past January. Now it's a toss up which one to play out. Enjoy [thumbup]

By the way the "I buy some to play and some to flip" is just a rationalization. If you have 86 in inventory - there aren't too many getting flipped. [smile]

• 3 weeks later...

That guitar, to me, is a steal at 850. Good luck!

rct

So I didn't buy the purple one at Sam Ash but I liked it. I saw a 2017 HP Firebird Studio on the Guitar Center website for $599 used and got that instead. Great guitar, better than the purple one. That is what I will be playing tomorrow night. Thank you for writing about it.

Archived