Gibson Brands Forums

Poor Outlook

J-200 Koa

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am surprised by your comment. Guitar quality experts, such as George Gruhn pretty much say that the Gibson guitars of today constitute a new golden era of guitars. I own a number of Gibsons from the mid-60s/McCarty era as well as Montana era GibsonS...and the quality of today's Gibsons equal the former era.

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

Im aware of Gibson hitting the mark on there quality being every bit as good as the very early eras.. actually the 90s Gibson up to 2008 are a great example of this.. any thing newer.. I have not persued.. as I have not liked what Ive seen.. Gruhns a good guy.. he has knowledge far beyond most..

Henry has always been underfunded. The rumors of his demise have been around for years. Many have predicted his failure and so far he has managed to keep the name alive. For how much longer? I have no idea.

I do find it disturbing that so many here are rooting for his failure. I want this ride to go on forever. It's Gibson guys. I have been thru the Norlin years and their failure and now we are going thru the Henry years and I really don't want it to fail. To many good folks would be hurt in the process.

These are troubling times and we need to keep all of our American institutions going. There are a lot of issues going on that no one wants to address. I agree with you. It's a scary time but don't sell Henry short.

There are far greater issues than the failure of the wood industry. One poster wants to take this discussion into the political realm. He not only wants Gibson to fail but he wants the President Of the United States to fail. Good grief. If the country goes down we all go with it. Can't we just step back from the edge and play our guitars? I have no control over what happens but I will tell you this. The rumors of Henry's failure have been circulating since the day he bought the company and they will continue. We will just have to ride it out and see if he is going to keep the company afloat. Me? I'm betting on him.

Hog - I have to agree with you 100%

Archived