Gibson Brands Forums

Advice from the Troll's box

Homz

This weeks advice from the Troll's Box is all about kid's table manners. It's never to late for some of you old crusty guys to learn some new tricks too. That means you Steven.

Whether in a restaurant or in a home, here are some basic table manners to teach kids:

1. Eat with a fork unless the food is meant to be eaten with fingers. Only babies eat with fingers.

2. Don't stuff your mouth full of food, it looks gross, and you could choke.

3. Chew with your mouth closed. No one wants to be grossed out seeing food being chewed up or hearing it being chomped on. This includes no talking with your mouth full.

4. Don't make any rude comments about any food being served. It will hurt someone's feelings.

5. Always say thank you when served something. Shows appreciation.

6. If the meal is not buffet style, then wait until everyone is served before eating. It shows consideration.

7. Eat slowly and don't gobble up the food. Someone took a long time to prepare the food, enjoy it slowly. Slowly means to wait about 5 seconds after swallowing before getting another forkful.

8. When eating rolls, break off a piece of bread before buttering. Eating a whole piece of bread looks tacky.

9. Don't reach over someone's plate for something. Politely ask that the item to be passed to you. Shows consideration.

10. Do not pick anything out of your teeth, it's gross. If it bothers you that bad, excuse yourself and go to the restroom to pick.

11. Always use a napkin to dab your mouth, which should be on your lap when not in use. Remember, dab your mouth only. Do not wipe your face or blow your nose with a napkin, both are gross. Excuse yourself from the table and go the restroom to do those things.

12. When eating at someone's home or a guest of someone at a restaurant, always thank the host and tell them how delicious it was, even if it wasn't. Again, someone took time, energy, and expense to prepare the food, so show your appreciation.

Next weeks advice from the Troll's Box will feature exclusive tips on hair care.

This weeks advice from the Troll's Box is all about kid's table manners. It's never to late for some of you old crusty guys to learn some new tricks too. That means you Steven.

Whether in a restaurant or in a home' date=' here are some basic table manners to teach kids:

1. Eat with a fork unless the food is meant to be eaten with fingers. Only babies eat with fingers. O:) Just call me Baby.

2. Don't stuff your mouth full of food, it looks gross, and you could choke.:-k Now how can it be gross to have your mouth full? I thought It came near to gross when you chocked and spat it out on the table. See I'm not totaly lost. I spat it on the table not on the floor.

3. Chew with your mouth closed. No one wants to be grossed out seeing food being chewed up or hearing it being chomped on. This includes no talking with your mouth full. :-k Well how you going to do TRAIN WRECK? And what you mean no talken with your mouth full, Its always full of teeth and Tongue?

4. Don't make any rude comments about any food being served. It will hurt someone's feelings.O:) Now I like that one Homz. Come on over were having Porkbrain and eggs with Mountain oysters For Breakfast.

5. Always say thank you when served something. Shows appreciation. =; Why they never give me enough the first time.

6. If the meal is not buffet style, then wait until everyone is served before eating. It shows consideration. #-o Consider This, It hits my plate and I'm Hungry. Sorry about there luck.

7. Eat slowly and don't gobble up the food. Someone took a long time to prepare the food, enjoy it slowly. Slowly means to wait about 5 seconds after swallowing before getting another forkful. [-X Now I'm suposed to slow down. I know what it is. I eat slower you get more food. No Way Homzy.

8. When eating rolls, break off a piece of bread before buttering. Eating a whole piece of bread looks tacky. :-s There Always made mouth size. Why Break off any?

9. Don't reach over someone's plate for something. Politely ask that the item to be passed to you. Shows consideration. :-& NOw make up your mind. If I'm not supposed to talk with my mouthful , How am I supposed to ask.

10. Do not pick anything out of your teeth, it's gross. If it bothers you that bad, excuse yourself and go to the restroom to pick. :-k Does that include the Nose and halken up somethin

11. Always use a napkin to dab your mouth, which should be on your lap when not in use. Remember, dab your mouth only. Do not wipe your face or blow your nose with a napkin, both are gross. Excuse yourself from the table and go the restroom to do those things. =; Lap Heck. Its under my chin. Everyone else is blowing there nose and Farten. Why do I have to leave the table. OH I see where this is goin. You just want more food. Get the guy away from the table to Fart and you get more food.

12. When eating at someone's home or a guest of someone at a restaurant, always thank the host and tell them how delicious it was, even if it wasn't. Again, someone took time, energy, and expense to prepare the food, so show your appreciation. [-( Now you want me to lie? I like The way things are now thank you very much. Never did like being Fistecated. To many rules.

Next weeks advice from the Troll's Box will feature exclusive tips on hair care.

Whether in a restaurant or in a home' date=' here are some basic table manners to teach kids:

1. Eat with a fork unless the food is meant to be eaten with fingers. Only babies eat with fingers.

2. Don't stuff your mouth full of food, it looks gross, and you could choke.

3. Chew with your mouth closed. No one wants to be grossed out seeing food being chewed up or hearing it being chomped on. This includes no talking with your mouth full.

4. Don't make any rude comments about any food being served. It will hurt someone's feelings.

5. Always say thank you when served something. Shows appreciation.

6. If the meal is not buffet style, then wait until everyone is served before eating. It shows consideration.

7. Eat slowly and don't gobble up the food. Someone took a long time to prepare the food, enjoy it slowly. Slowly means to wait about 5 seconds after swallowing before getting another forkful.

8. When eating rolls, break off a piece of bread before buttering. Eating a whole piece of bread looks tacky.

9. Don't reach over someone's plate for something. Politely ask that the item to be passed to you. Shows consideration.

10. Do not pick anything out of your teeth, it's gross. If it bothers you that bad, excuse yourself and go to the restroom to pick.

11. Always use a napkin to dab your mouth, which should be on your lap when not in use. Remember, dab your mouth only. Do not wipe your face or blow your nose with a napkin, both are gross. Excuse yourself from the table and go the restroom to do those things.

12. When eating at someone's home or a guest of someone at a restaurant, always thank the host and tell them how delicious it was, even if it wasn't. Again, someone took time, energy, and expense to prepare the food, so show your appreciation.

[b']

Next weeks advice from the Troll's Box will feature exclusive tips on hair care. [/b]

Just in case you didn't get to read it the first two times ....

Archived