Gibson Brands Forums

That must be one heck of a guitar

jaxson50

The fact that these old Les Pauls sell for lots of money helps the value of modern Les Pauls. So, you know, nobody likes rich people, and, uh, I only have four guitars and one bass myself, and I wish I was rich too, but I'm not going to show too much of my jealousy. It's not healthy to run myself down. [biggrin]

That guitar looks like its come out of a vault. If it bought, it will go into another vault...

Whilst that is a distinct possibility is it in any way different to all these posts we see here where folks who are in bands have bought an Historic Re-Issue but won't take it out to a gig? THAT, IMO, is even more crazy. There's even the excuse that this "last of the 'bursts" is somehow vaguely important in an historical context whereas modern R-I's are being built by the thousands every year.

Just a thought...

Pip.

Yes. That guitar looks like its come out of a vault. If it bought, it will go into another vault.

Its like those bottles of wine that are too expensive to drink.

Why? Its a guitar and they are meant to be played.

True. The wine should be drunk too.

But man, not even I would gig a half million dollar guitar [unsure]

Honestly though. I doubt that anyone is going to pay that. I think the vendor is just testing the water.

Archived