Gibson Brands Forums

Ever Feel Like a Guitar is Jinxed? Warranty Issues and a Rant.....

thegreatgumbino

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I were in your shoes, I think I would get the SJSC Supreme built from the ground up, afresh, using the same specs.

Otherwise, the Hummingbird TV would be my very close second choice.

Fred

I wish the Hummingbird TV was an option, but it's not a current year production model. I don't think a custom run would be an option. If it were, the Hummingbird TV or one of the JT 1942 Banner J45 reissues would be at the top of my list!

I wish the Hummingbird TV was an option, but it's not a current year production model. I don't think a custom run would be an option. If it were, the Hummingbird TV or one of the JT 1942 Banner J45 reissues would be at the top of my list!

Well, building guitars is what they do tho'....

I played my first J45 Vintage this weekend, and it floored me. I'd not played one previously, though I have played three 2016 Fuller's J45 Legends with torrefied B&S's. This guitar had it in spades and really got me excited. Sounded old, woody, midrange heavy and worked really well with my voice. I loved the size of the "vintage round" neck! Makes my SCSJ with the "slim taper" seem too small, though I do have big hands. Going to have to talk to Montana about trying to upgrade to a J45 Vintage and pay the difference. Really wish the 12 fret Ultimate J45 was a 14 fret. I'd be all over that in a heart beat.

• 4 weeks later...

It's been a long process, but I am stoked to say this debacle is finally approaching an end. I spoke with Ben tonight, and he said the official record of my SCSJ states "the guitar is cursed". Ultimately, Gibson has gone above and beyond. Ben repeatedly stated during this process that the goal was "to help reignite your Gibson dream!"

My new J45 Vintage should be delivered tomorrow. A couple of Gibson's inspectors (who's favorite Gibson is the J45 Vintage) played through the batch made in the last couple weeks and pulled the cream of the crop. Ben joined them last Friday to play through the hand selected choice few and handpicked "the one". In his words, "It's stellar." I'm beyond excited to have it in my hands! With as many guitars as these guys get to play in a year, I can only imagine what they chose. [thumbup]

I'm really glad to hear this finally got worked out for you. It's been a long ride and nobody needs a "cursed" guitar in their stable. Looking forward to some pics when that J-45 Vintage shows up!

Archived