Gibson Brands Forums

goldtop lpr-7

waldeguitars

Best thing to do is email the serial number directly to Gibson along with some pictures and ask them to verify it.

Based on the serial number' date=' it looks like the 1,267th '57 reissue made in 2004.[/quote']

+1, head for teh source is the best advice.

• 1 year later...

It really doesn't do you anygood to send Gibson the serial number because the counterfieters are using good serial numbers but they are using them over and over. I bought one of the Fake Les Paul Corvettes and the serial number is 02005556. On The real ones Gibson uses a VIN number and I have seen the same serial number on 30 different Les Pauls at least. The company uses these numbers as model numbers ..they uses the 020055xx and the X's being different numbers depending on the color or model you buy. I paid 260.00 for it. The Tradetang site even gives COAs and all the case candy along with the guitars. There is ways to tell on most,the Customs have a smaller Diamond then the real Gibsons,They put Les Paul Standard on the Standards where Gibson only puts Standard.They also have big gaulky decals on the pickups which Gibson doesn't use. They use an allen wrench to adjust the truss rod instead of the gibson socket style wrench.And The pots and Pickups are also different if you open them up and look...Good Luck Wolfman

Archived