Gibson Brands Forums

It's not a Gibson but...

davenumber2

I’m a fan of RK guitars. The RNJ-25 and RP-06 that I owned for a while were really pleasing little boxes. Not quite a Nick Lucas and Martin 0-18 but close and unbelievable value for money. Really good gigging guitars, too. I moved them on as I decided I wanted to consolidate my large collection of mid price instruments into a couple of high end ones, so the RKs went to fund my SJ200, but fondly remembered.

For a while now I have carried around the thought of snagging one of the RK Nick Lucas knockoffs in the back of my mind.

Anyway Congrats! To my eye though that guitar style conjures up images more of something like a Harmony H-162 minus the MOTS.

For a while now I have carried around the thought of snagging one of the RK Nick Lucas knockoffs in the back of my mind.

Anyway Congrats! To my eye though that guitar style conjures up images more of something like a Harmony H-162 minus the MOTS.

Agree.

The only thing that links it to a century is the mot.

Stella made a few of them too, but at least they used the L00 style

Funny you mention the Harmony, they also have a "Bakersfield" version, echoing the Harmony Buck Owens.

https://www.elderly.com/catalog/product/view/_ignore_category/1/id/145336/s/recording-king-bakersfield-limited-edition-acoustic-guitar/

Archived