Gibson Brands Forums

Boss PS-6 Harmonist Pedal

LPguitarman

When I was looking at the PS-6 I ended up going for the PS-5 instead.

These are both cool, good pedals IMO. The one downside is that at least the PS-5 digitizes the dry signal in the “t arm” mode and degrades the sound quality of the dry signal. However if you listen to Lonely Boy by Black Keys, that utilizes the t arm mode and they had a lot of success with that song so obviously it’s not THAT big of a deal

Anyway is there a particular function that you want the PS-6 for?

If it’s just octaves I recommend the micro POG which tends to have the best tracking. If it’s White Stripes or Tom Morrello esque pitch sweeps I recommend the Whammy. If it’s harmonies and a little of everything then the Boss is great

When I was looking at the PS-6 I ended up going for the PS-5 instead.

These are both cool, good pedals IMO. The one downside is that at least the PS-5 digitizes the dry signal in the “t arm” mode and degrades the sound quality of the dry signal. However if you listen to Lonely Boy by Black Keys, that utilizes the t arm mode and they had a lot of success with that song so obviously it’s not THAT big of a deal

Anyway is there a particular function that you want the PS-6 for?

If it’s just octaves I recommend the micro POG which tends to have the best tracking. If it’s White Stripes or Tom Morrello esque pitch sweeps I recommend the Whammy. If it’s harmonies and a little of everything then the Boss is great

Thanks Dub... you really know your stuff. I'm mainly going for Harmonies, so I'll probably stick with the PS-6. [thumbup]

Archived