Gibson Brands Forums

W

Homz

I viewed the Oliver Stone film 'W.' last night. Good movie. I didn't say great, but I did get somethings out of the movie. Surprising to me was by the end of the film I actually had more respect for our former president. The film made him seem more man then image. I actually felt bad for the guy. Assuming the basic facts detailed in the film mixed with the obvious private situation fictions, the movie captured my attention. I suggest you all watch it.

by the end of the film I actually had more respect for our former president. The film made him seem more man then image.

Homz...I'm interested in how you had more respect for him because he seemed more man than image. When you say you felt bad for him, do you mean you felt sorry for him - as in maybe he had been manipulated or controlled in some way ? I haven't seen the film btw.

Homz...I'm interested in how you had more respect for him because he seemed more man than image. When you say you felt bad for him' date=' do you mean you felt sorry for him - as in maybe he had been manipulated or controlled in some way ? I haven't seen the film btw.[/quote']

Not completely controlled or manipulated as I had assumed. Perhaps that's why I liked him more. He was arrogant and controlling, yet still manipulated. The real villains of the show were Cheney and Rummy.

nothing. i just happened to have just been sending that to some one who did not know who xena was so i figured i would randomly put xena on you thread.

to be more on topic, yes i saw gran torino. i thought it was very good, definately one of the best movies i have seen in a while. and it was pretty damn funny in parts too.

I viewed the Oliver Stone film 'W.' last night. Good movie. I didn't say great' date=' but I did get somethings out of the movie. Sur[b']prising to me was by the end of the film I actually had more respect for our former president.[/b] The film made him seem more man then image. I actually felt bad for the guy. Assuming the basic facts detailed in the film mixed with the obvious private situation fictions, the movie captured my attention. I suggest you all watch it.

Was it UAW night out at the movies?

Archived