Gibson Brands Forums

New Martin Authentic Strings

MorrisrownSal

I tried two sets of strings on my Advaced Jumbo. Flexible Core mediums were extremely tight, but crazy powerful. They stayed on for almost a week. I replaced them with the new Lefespan replacement in the Martin Strings lineup- Authentic 80/20 treated lights. I am impressed. Anyone else try them out?

I tried two sets of strings on my Advaced Jumbo. Flexible Core mediums were extremely tight, but crazy powerful. They stayed on for almost a week. I replaced them with the new Lefespan replacement in the Martin Strings lineup- Authentic 80/20 treated lights. I am impressed. Anyone else try them out?

Yep...I’ve had those 80/20s on my D-41 for three weeks now. Sound great and still going strong.

What's the deal with these...did they discontinue some or all of their other lines of Martin strings, or is this just a new addition? I notice they're a buck more retail than comparable Acoustics (at least the 80/20 phosphor are)

Martin SP 80/20 Bronze Lights (and sometimes Mediums on some guitars) have been my favorite since they came out years back. I’ve gotta trust Martin knows what is doing with its newest version. (Martin generally does seem to know what is doing). Looking forward to trying the new version. (But, not the Lifespan version.)

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

Archived