Gibson Brands Forums

Excellent Customer Service - Ernie Ball

MichaelT

I used to be able to brag about using Ernie Ball Super Slinkies (9's) on my guitars for over 30 years and the fact that I've broken only a couple strings in all that time. Then, once playing in a band again, I've broken three strings in the last 4 or 5 months, usually the bottom E. It's happening at the ball end, not the bridge saddle, nut or tuning pegs. I wondered about a potential issue with the strings lately, so I wrote to Ernie Ball Customer Support. Within minutes, they emailed me back saying that it was unusual and that they've not had other reports. They offered to send me a free set of Paradigm strings to test out, which I've been looking at anyway.

I'm happy that they responded so quickly and are sending me Paradigm strings for free. It's possible that I just got ahold of a bad batch. Looking forward to testing out the Paradigm. I may need to move up to 10's.

That is pretty good..

and perhaps it's your Warren Haynes inner self,, he's a beast ya know..

As I was reading this, I had to stop and think about when was the last time I broke a string playing... I have to say I was a much younger man... I used to burn through D and A strings while doing alternate tuning shenanigans till I whined about it to a guy I had do some work on my Taylor Acoustic.. he just winked and said, "we can take care of that.." and that was the last time.. (maybe 5/6 years ago??)

for shout outs to CS departments,, I got one to share too.

I bought some picks from Guitar Center online, (6 dozen) some how I got the wrong ones. So when they sent a link for a survey (how was your experience) I did mention, "well, something went wrong and I did not get quite the right order" and also mentioned that when I called customer service to see about "how to fix this" the guy on the phone (very polite and professional) said be easier if you stopped at a local GC and just swapped em out if you think that will work. I agreed, as in a few weeks, I will be going right by the GC in Boston.

so I mentioned all this in the survey and that overall, experience was ok...

I got an email the next day, they had credited my account for the 6 dozen picks, and sent me 6 dozen of the ones I was looking for, and told me, "keep the others, no need to return them"..

Turns out, I can use both, as there is not a lot of difference, So I replied back to the email said I will return one of these when I get a chance, he said "nope keep them, you're a long time customer, and it's just picks".

So now, I have enough picks to last me into my next lifetime, and yes, I do have plans on bringing some guitars with me, if they have power, maybe I can bring an amp too :-k

Good to hear. Well, maybe not the string breakages but the customer service.

I have used Paradigms and liked them better than my EB regular slinkies. They are supposed to be very strong (tensile strength + 35% and + 70% more fatigue strength). I think they have a non-breakage guarantee too.

I have no problems with breakages, nor rust. I just wanted my strings to last longer. They do, but not long enough to justify the price for me. I do like their sound though!

Archived