Gibson Brands Forums

Good Morning

BoSoxBiker

I need to mess with turning an old guitar into a alp steel. (not pedal) Make a real sounding Country song. Regular slide on a resonator didn't cut it

Fair Warning - Brand New interace is actually recording all of the guitar signal, including resonances and such. Not quite tamed, yet. I did belt out the vocals, though, about the 3:00 mark, right after the sappy verse at 2:30 or so.

Anyhow, a Country Love Song to the missus.

Good Morning

Enjoy? Comments?

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the kind words and the notes.

I'm going to replace some elements with some lap steel. I need to set up an electric for it, and then learn how to use a Harmonizer to get that pedal steel type of sound. Then it will really be Country. I did some fills with a resonator slide, but it was awful.

billroy, no offense taken. We talked about that last week on your Sheriff Brown thread. It's time for that 3-4 day break to freshen my ears. I listened this morning and did not like the left side guitar at all. It sounded nice before the bottom end disappeared from it..... I think. [unsure]

I did almost an entire remix of this song this week, including replacing the guitar tracks. I did leave the old version up there for now. I hope some of you take the time to listen to the version differences. I think you'll hear a big improvement.

On a side note, I figured out how my new interface best clicks for tracking acoustic guitars. I've finally been able to track my tone. I'm pretty stoked about the improvements. It's changed how I mix. No more notch filtering to get rid of system noises.

Good Morning

I did almost an entire remix of this song this week, including replacing the guitar tracks. I did leave the old version up there for now. I hope some of you take the time to listen to the version differences. I think you'll hear a big improvement.

On a side note, I figured out how my new interface best clicks for tracking acoustic guitars. I've finally been able to track my tone. I'm pretty stoked about the improvements. It's changed how I mix. No more notch filtering to get rid of system noises.

Good Morning

Wow, rock on Jimmy Dean, good stuff in my opinion! I got to own up I did not go back and listen to the first version again, but my recollection is the drums were too prevalent, and some parts were smooth but others a bit of a jumble. Not so on this version. Put together well, and I liked it a lot! I like how the song filled out as well, especially when you hit about 23 seconds through 1 minute - good song, kudos.

Rgds - billroy

Wow, rock on Jimmy Dean, good stuff in my opinion! I got to own up I did not go back and listen to the first version again, but my recollection is the drums were too prevalent, and some parts were smooth but others a bit of a jumble. Not so on this version. Put together well, and I liked it a lot! I like how the song filled out as well, especially when you hit about 23 seconds through 1 minute - good song, kudos.

Rgds - billroy

Thanks for listening, billroy. Thanks for the kind words, too.

I took a few days listening break and heard what you heard when I finally did listen. I did widen it out a bit, but the bulk of the issues were just bad mixing.

Archived