Gibson Brands Forums

Selling Guitar With Neck Repair

Mike_L

I was in the Navy and stationed in Yokosuka from '89 - '91. I would go back to Japan in half a heartbeat.

We just came back from a week in Tokyo on vacation. We caught Clapton at Budokan (third time) and I swear he gets better with the passing years. Career number 3 will be Japanese House Husband \:D/

We just came back from a week in Tokyo on vacation. We caught Clapton at Budokan (third time) and I swear he gets better with the passing years. Career number 3 will be Japanese House Husband \:D/

He is a walking legend, no denying it. But, I've read recently that Eric's health is failing, he's got some sort of degenerative issue that is effecting his hands. He didn't think he had too more more tours left in the tank. Sad, but that's just the way aging goes. He's lucky he was able to last this long, most people that lived his life from his distant past would have been dead a long time ago.

Good for you for getting to see him so recently.

He is a walking legend, no denying it. But, I've read recently that Eric's health is failing, he's got some sort of degenerative issue that is effecting his hands. He didn't think he had too more more tours left in the tank. Sad, but that's just the way aging goes. He's lucky he was able to last this long, most people that lived his life from his distant past would have been dead a long time ago.

Good for you for getting to see him so recently.

He's got some sort of neuropathy issue where he can't stand for a whole concert. He breaks up his shows now doing acoustic sitting down, about half-way through. He seems to be picking up steam again over last year though. He's doing the Royal Albert Hall next month and reviving the Crossroads Guitar Festival in Sep.

Archived