Gibson Brands Forums

LP Junior tuners

Zippydog

The one I played at GC were different than the ones in your picture. The ones I played were Gibson Deluxe, like seen here https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LPJDT19WBCHd1--gibson-les-paul-junior-tribute-doublecut-2019-worn-brown, which I think are the same as Grover. The ones in your picture look like Gotoh vintage tuners, which if that’s the case, they are awesome. 

6 hours ago, pauloqs said:

The one I played at GC were different than the ones in your picture. The ones I played were Gibson Deluxe, like seen here https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LPJDT19WBCHd1--gibson-les-paul-junior-tribute-doublecut-2019-worn-brown, which I think are the same as Grover. The ones in your picture look like Gotoh vintage tuners, which if that’s the case, they are awesome. 

Thanks man.

Do you thinks that Gibson  would install Gotohs on a new guitar? 

4 hours ago, Zippydog said:

Yeah me neither.

Well the mystery remains.

The spec page lists "Vintage Deluxe w/ White Buttons" which would be correct for the era that Juniors were introduced using Kluson style. They did not have the threaded bushing with a washer and nut until later.  A lot of the early Gibsons had the Kluson 3 in a row style. Not to worry, they are still high quality machine heads, Gibson still uses them on several other models which some have no brand, some marked Gibson or Kluson... 

Edited by mihcmac

4 minutes ago, mihcmac said:

The spec page lists "Vintage Deluxe w/ White Buttons" which would be correct for the era that Juniors were introduced using Kluson style. They did not have the threaded bushing with a washer and nut until later.  A lot of the early Gibsons had the Kluson 3 in a row style. Not to worry, they are still high quality machine heads, Gibson still uses them on several other models which some have no brand, some marked Gibson or Kluson... 

Thanks for that information, I appreciate it.