Gibson Brands Forums

Three 00 Size Guitar Electronica Comparison

BluesKing777

Carrying on further from my other thread of the 1959 Gibson LG3 in Tonedexter, I recorded a different track and style of music but this time with 3 different 00 size guitars I mentioned in the previous thread.....

So I recorded a loose version based on the 'Rolling Stone' riffs by Robert Wilkins.

There are 3 tracks after each other - the first is my Maton EBG808 plugged direct to Tonedexter but with NO FILE and running on BYPASS. It still gets the volume, levels and tone etc from TD controls. Second is the 1959 Gibson LG3 (again) but with a higher percentage of sound image in Tonedexter (75%). Third is my Cargill custom with a K&K installed and run through the same Tonedexter settings as the LG3 (except I didn't turn up the mixer master quite enough - too late to notice now!):

BluesKing777.

6 hours ago, billroy said:

I wouldn't kick any out of bed for eating cookies, but they all sound a little bit electric to me.  oh no am I turning into a 'it has to be mic'd' person.  Hey BK, how about side by sides of these then w/ your Neuman mic?

While they may sound a bit electric, the big advantage of that is - no mic to record the guy doing his lawn out back, another giving his outboard motor a burst, kids screaming blue murder on a trampoline, and the guy next door using his dreadful multi- tool that sounds like he is giving his kiddies some home dental!

Plugged in, oblivious! The way the Neumann works, they would all sound louder in my music room than out there!

BluesKing777.

52 minutes ago, Jinder said:

It's the M1A for me, if I had to pick between them. Awesome sound! What did you do EQ wise?

Thanks!

I usually cut at least a 1/4 turn on my mixer for bass, treble and swept mids for soundhole type pickups. Savage!

The M1A suits the LG3, trial and error!

BluesKing777.

Edited by BluesKing777