Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson vs Guitar Heo - Activision: 1 Gibson: 0

MikeRom

Well it was a no brainer. Sorry Gibson. For as much as I love your guitars, your plight held no water.

lol Bass hole. I see nothing wrong with the younger generation being inspired to play the real thing. Music is dying and we need to get the future generations more involved, or what we will have is a bunch of digital instruments with no players. Guitar Hero gives them a feeling of accomplishment just like the feeling you get when you nail a song on the real thing. It gets them looking into the real thing. Sure, many will find it to hard to play the real thing, but at least some people will pick up a guitar that otherwise wouldn't have.

I think it will inspire a lot of kids to do the real thing.

Remember when Tony Hawks Pro Skater came out? I do. I was in 5th grade and overnight everyone was into skateboarding. Not everyone stuck (that includes me) with it or tried but I'm sure it inspired at least a handful of the pro skateboarders around today.

The same goes for Guitar Hero. It's putting rock music from the past into the heads of younger people that may not pay attention to it.

I played it at college when I was bored or drunk hanging out with my friends and its a lot of fun. I also got to work on my rock moves without worrying about messing up.

I think it's also made for people who lack musical talent but still want to rock. I say let them rock.

I think it will inspire a lot of kids to do the real thing.

Remember when Tony Hawks Pro Skater came out? I do. I was in 5th grade and overnight everyone was into skateboarding. Not everyone stuck (that includes me) with it or tried but I'm sure it inspired at least a handful of the pro skateboarders around today.

The same goes for Guitar Hero. It's putting rock music from the past into the heads of younger people that may not pay attention to it.

I played it at college when I was bored or drunk hanging out with my friends and its a lot of fun. I also got to work on my rock moves without worrying about messing up.

I think it's also made for people who lack musical talent but still want to rock. I say let them rock.

Ok here is the common kid that got inspired from guitar hero.

Kid "Mom i want a guitar"

Mom: "will go get one for ur b-day"

kid goes to a GC...buy a guitar starter back...trys to learn how to play guitar from youtube and other websites...2 weeks later he gives up...done. I have met no one who is still playing guitar that was inspried from guitar hero.

Archived