Gibson Brands Forums

Harrison Hummingbird?

drathbun

It must be universal for guitar players. Even though he's a zillionaire his kitchen table looks a lot like mine. There is not room for food so you eat over the sink. .. to complete the decor you must have an open guitar case on one of the chairs, sheet music on another chair, an amplifier and a music stand and a bunch of guitar straps hanging someplace. A tool box or two .. and a few milk crates (song books and amplifier chords) and a car jack (that you used less than a year ago). (because every year or so you clean it up and start over)

Oh well, just another slob then. I have a lady comes about every 45 days or so. I am sure she earns her pay. It probably makes her appreciate her husband. She must leave here thinking he's not that bad after all. I am not sure what she really thinks when she first walks in (they never admit what they are thinking, but it is something like "Oh my God!" ... or "Ay, carumba!" or "Ay, Chihuahua! No este possible!")(Yo no se y yo no preguntale nadie)

Hey! My Old Yamaha! My first 'real' guitar, Bought from a mail order house back in the 60's.

It resides now with my sister and brother-in-law. It actually sounds pretty good, even though it needs a neck set.

Hey! My Old Yamaha! My first 'real' guitar' date=' Bought from a mail order house back in the 60's.

It resides now with my sister and brother-in-law. It actually sounds pretty good, even though it needs a neck set.[/quote']

All those late 60's red labels seem to need resets now. I did the reset myself on my FG150. Still sounds sweet!

Nice!

And a great pic of ol' George. Sorry he's gone!

Trivia time: I went to the same grammar school as George Harrison and Paul McCartney though about 20 years later. John Lennon's art school was next door. I wish some of that incredible talent and vision had rubbed off...

There was a brief period in the 70s when my father got away from upper end guitars (Gibson and Martin in this case). The last 'A List' guitar he had was a D-28 and I think that went away in late '74. He bought a brand new blonde Epiphone FT-570 (I think) and had that for about a year. In the spring of '76 we went into a very small hippie type music store that will remain unnamed because they have turned into the largest chain in the state and they suck gigantic moose parts all day long and twice on Sunday. Anyway, in 1976 they were a small hippie place with an acoustic room about 10x12 and a dozen guitars tops. He bought a brand new Yamaha FG200 for about $230. I remember that thing having the nicest feel, finish, smell... the whole package. He only kept it a year or so, then bought a NOS 1973 J200 that wasn't exciting and turned him away from Gibson for a long time. Once he got the new '85 J100 he was back in the Gibson fold.

A good old Yamaha is on my medium list (as opposed to short list).

My knee gut reaction was Excelente... but leave it to ksdaddy to notice the 'grin' placement of the bridge pins.

Minor correction to Gitfidl:

...(because every year or so you clean it up and start over)

In my day that would be' date=' "Move and start over"

Archived