Gibson Brands Forums

Handmade non Gibson SG (Evil one inside) :D

Madness

Hey, Couldnt find the picture thread anywhere (?). Just wanted to show this axe!

Its made by Felineguitars in the UK, different to a normal SG, thicker body, jack on the side, 25" scale.

Getting some mods done (1 meg volume pots, tones are disconnected, and C tuning with some thicker gauge strings).

Real metal monster :) Bareknuckle War Pig humbuckers ofcourse !

DSCN1784.jpg

Gothic%20Warpig.jpg

Shipping:)! Found out about Feline guitars through the Bareknuckleforum, and then i saw the SG on the site, then i keept checking it out the site more and more and then i just WANTED IT! So i sold of my Tiny Terror Combo amongst other in a desperate attempt to raise some money haha (GAS ATTACK!), and i ended up ordering it, although shipping was a mess! They lost the package for a while, and it took around 2 weeks to get it here i think! This and having seen how they work on the shipping terminals has made me think twice about ordering a guitar from abroad again (they arent exactly careful with the stuff, dont even think that "fragile" stickers will help!), but it was in one piece so!:)

Don't worry, - it is the Gibson Forum after all ! I bet it sounds good with the thicker body, but I'm wondering why the 25 inch scale ? The 24.75 Gibson scale does contribute to a certain sound. The neck / body joint is similar to the '70s SGs. I'd like to hear it.

Sure, as soon i get some recording equipment. Im thinking of getting it scalloped aswell, yeah, i must be crazy. The 25" scale was done to keep some extra tension when downtuning, according to the builder. Which is just fine since its getting setup for C standard.- I dont really have a standard gibson (only the SG GT), but it actually sounds treblier and with less lows than the SG GT, which is great, suits my sound perfectly.

Acoustically, it has similiar sustain compared to my SG GT, but again, sounds more plinky than boomy, which i once again definately dont mind. The guitar is actully considerably lighter even though it has a thicker body, perhaps because of the lack of the hood scope thing?

Its a very "sabbathy" guitar, really does that sound great imo! The pickups are real high impedance 22k ohm, but they have a very midrangey and trebly sound in my opinion, again, im only comparing to my SG GT which seems to have a fatter less defined sound, but the pickups are very different. I really do like this guitar, but i cant help getting all mod crazy, well see if i get through with the scalloped board thing, and this is NOT because i think it will play faster, just the fact that i dont want that friction when i make those wide bends like i often do, it really doesnt feel nice, and it doesnt give me the grip on the string i want. So its more to ease vibrato and bends especially. Besides, i really need to develop a lighter touch.

Shipping:)! Found out about Feline guitars through the Bareknuckleforum' date=' and then i saw the SG on the site, then i keept checking it out the site more and more and then i just WANTED IT! So i sold of my Tiny Terror Combo amongst other in a desperate attempt to raise some money haha (GAS ATTACK!), and i ended up ordering it, although shipping was a mess! They lost the package for a while, and it took around 2 weeks to get it here i think! This and having seen how they work on the shipping terminals has made me think twice about ordering a guitar from abroad again (they arent exactly careful with the stuff, dont even think that "fragile" stickers will help!), but it was in one piece so!=P~[/quote']

=D> You sold your tiny terror? :-

Im thinking of getting it scalloped aswell

Don't do this - higher frets could be fitted instead ! I'm sure there is some 1.4mm high fretwire available. I have 1.25mm on my Strat and there is no fretboard 'drag'. I am the same as you, I like zero resistance during bends.

If you did go the scalloped route, it's a big step that you can't reverse - and that binding would be trashed !

Talking of binding, are the frets over the binding ? I tried enlarging the picture and it looks that way but I can't be sure.

About the shipping, Jonathan who makes the guitars was himself very dissapointed with them, so he was going to try to find another shipper. Anyhow, thing is, thats the only one made like that, they are all custom made guitars (either made for stock or on order), and it was on a "sale" so the price was even cheaper, sadly.

Its all Mahogany.

Archived