Gibson Brands Forums

Picking up some Equipment. Your thoughts?

Carbonite

Picking up a few things. Gonna get it all online.

Just thought I would throw this stuff up here and see what everyone thinks of it just in case I chose a bad apple.

Music Stand

Cheapo. Just need something to put the dang paper I am looking at in front of me.

Guitar Stand

Figure its all I need. (I'm aware of the dangers and will place something over the foam.)

Cleaning Kit

Looks good. Then again, I have yet to clean a guitar.

Metronome

I am just hoping its a click and not a beep. Anybody?

Tool Kit

Intend to learn to setup my own guitar.

Hand Exerciser

Yeah, need to work out the pinky finger. Well all of em will help I guess.

Guitar Rig 3

EDIT: Just found Guitar Rig 100 dollars cheaper. Hm.

Guitar Rig 3

I use Fender Mist & Wipe for regular wipe downs with a microfiber cloth and Virtuoso Cleaner and Polish when it gets pretty grimy. It's non abrasive and won't damage the lacquer. Plus, it brings out a beautiful shine to dull spots or a flat finished guitar. I polished my Highway One Strat with it and now it looks awesome. If you want to do your own set ups, get one of these too. They work great.

I use a Warwick Rockstand and a Hercules Hanger. I keep the V on the Hercules Hanger and the rest on the Rockstand. Both are nitro safe, I used to have my Ovation on the wall, but the V doesn't sit well on the Rockstand. Hercules does make a floor stand, too. I like the Hercules because it has small fingers that fold down when pressure is added to keep it in place.

Thanks guys.

@ elessar820 The metal ruler in those tools isn't enough? Also, I hadn't thought about wall hanging. We are about to move in a month and I will have to see how that works out. Right now I just need to set it somewhere so I don't have to keep putting it in and taking it out of the case 400 times a day.

@ guitarslinger Whats wrong with them and what does the extra 10 bucks get you on the next step up?

@ stevezapp How about this? http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Luthiers-Choice-3Pack-Cleaner?sku=420163 I want to be able to clean everything. That's why I picked the cleaning set I did.

@ stevezapp How about this? http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Luthiers-Choice-3Pack-Cleaner?sku=420163 I want to be able to clean everything. That's why I picked the cleaning set I did.

I'm not sure to be quite honest - I've never tried that particular range of Gibson cleaners.

I've only ever used the pump polish, and I use it on the body, neck and hardware and I've never been anything but 100% pleased with the cleanliness, look and feel after application.

It may even be the same stuff in the one of three bottles you've highlighted.

I say give all three a go and let me know how you get on!

Archived