Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson J 200 strings

generaldreedle

So, since it seems that Gibson was discontinuing their strings for some new version I went on Amazon to get the masterbuilt but also ordered the Gibson J200 phosphor bronze light and mediums for the heck of it.  Do people like them?  I know they're for the j200 but I have a Southern Jumbo and a Guild JF 30 Maple

I've never tried em, but I've considered it.

They are just STRINGS,, so, yea,, like a good red pepper relish,  you can put that stuff on anything!!

Actually, I thought I heard they were the same as the standard masterbuilt,  but with red silk wraps at the ball end.  I could misquoting, so don't take that to the bank yet.

4 minutes ago, kidblast said:

They are just STRINGS,, so, yea,, like a good red pepper relish,  you can put that stuff on anything!!

Actually, I thought I heard they were the same as the standard masterbuilt,  but with red silk wraps at the ball end.  I could misquoting, so don't take that to the bank yet.

Yep. Same as the old Masterbuilt except for the wrap.  I've still got some sets of both sitting around.