Gibson Brands Forums

I love Bob Dylan! Listen to the kids.

livemusic

I just found this, don't know if it's been posted. I've listened three times, lol. I friggin love the Bob and this rendition provides a joyous revisit to his genius. This is such a cool song, it's actually pretty unique with its structure and when it was on the radio in the 60s, it sure was a singalong! All of these kids do a great job but this lead singer is outstanding! She could be a star! She sure likes the song, too!

Kids sing Tambourine Man

That was a lot of fun, essentially using the Byrds arrangement of instrumentation, and with the kids doing a great job.

However, stripped of its brilliant final verse ("...take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind..."), the song is a hollow shell of itself.

Here's perhaps my favorite performance of this Dylan masterpiece, played on the little Martin 0-45 "borrowed" from Joan Baez:

Newport 1964

• Like 1

7 hours ago, j45nick said:

That was a lot of fun, essentially using the Byrds arrangement of instrumentation, and with the kids doing a great job.

However, stripped of its brilliant final verse ("...take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind..."), the song is a hollow shell of itself.

Here's perhaps my favorite performance of this Dylan masterpiece, played on the little Martin 0-45 "borrowed" from Joan Baez:

Newport 1964

There have been some who have argued that this 1964 performance of Mr. Tambourine Man at the Newport F.F. was in fact *more* revolutionary than his 'going electric' performance of 'Maggie's Farm' in '65 - that *this* was in fact the moment he moved on from being the pet prodigy of the folk traditionalists by not giving them the topical/political folk song they wanted from him.