Gibson Brands Forums

NPD (New Pickguard Day) - Songwriter Deluxe Studio content

Rev Roy

The “flubber” pickguard on my 2016 Gibson Songwriter Deluxe Studio was curling on the edges...as they are wont to do. Tried tacking it down with pieces of the 3m adhesive sheets used to install guards, but it kept lifting. So it has to go. Had Taylor Mullins - Holter Pickguards - make me a custom replacement. Major improvement...IMHO.

old PG...
97014251-4604-439-A-8-C33-B5-C60-C5-CE60

New PG...
0-DC890-C6-EF2-F-43-A0-95-AE-C1-BCD34-BB

The family...
CB791281-D71-C-4963-996-A-995-D1-A30-F58

Edited by Rev Roy
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Rev Roy said:

The “flubber” pickguard on my 2016 Gibson Songwriter Deluxe Studio was curling on the edges...as they are wont to do. Tried tacking it down with pieces of the 3m adhesive sheets used to install guards, but it kept lifting. So it has to go. Had Taylor Mullins - Holter Pickguards - make me a custom replacement. Major improvement...IMHO.

old PG...
97014251-4604-439-A-8-C33-B5-C60-C5-CE60

New PG...
0-DC890-C6-EF2-F-43-A0-95-AE-C1-BCD34-BB

The family...
CB791281-D71-C-4963-996-A-995-D1-A30-F58

Love that 41. I just got one Friday. Holy Grail. I sold the D-18 and the D-28 is on Reverb.

6 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Love that 41. I just got one Friday. Holy Grail. I sold the D-18 and the D-28 is on Reverb.

I sold my D-28 and D-18 to finance my D-41. Best guitar related decision I ever made...

10 hours ago, kelly campbell said:

Beautiful family...which Taylor is that a grand Pacific line?  

Yep. It’s the new 327e Grand Pacific - mahogany over Tasmanian Blackwood. The GP slope-dread body combined with a hog top really takes the edge off Taylor’s typical brightness. This one has a warm, round, fundamental tone. I’m thinking I finally found a Taylor I can hold on to.

Edited by Rev Roy

• 2 months later...

I have a hardest time to found replacement pickguard for my Gibson Songwriter DLX EC Standard in Europe. Ordered one from UK. The shape is ok, but the quality and look does not meet the Gibson standard so I did not put it at all.