Gibson Brands Forums

WTB: Epiphone Riviera Elitist Nick Valensi

TheStrokes45

I’ve been looking to buy a Nick Valensi Elitist Epiphone Riviera for a while now to no avail.

If anyone has one and is willing to part with it I would be very interested in purchasing it! There was a sunburst model and a maple model I would be interested in purchasing either.

Thanks!

8CE01F3F-3754-4979-8C90-DBD0E2780261.thumb.jpeg.0bbe375a0c5c4e6dfb28ca9c45a2976a.jpeg

7A68D574-0121-4848-83B0-9AAF0B0E70F0.jpeg.8b7250bb4f7e41dddef241b1ed35ff70.jpeg

Edited by TheStrokes45

Those very rarely come up for sale, as they were only produced for a couple of years.

I used to own the Korean version that Gibson put out after discontinuing the Terada (Japan) Elitist version.  It remained in the lineup for a number of years (mine was a 2010), and it was quite well made by the Unsung factory.  Most importantly, it came with the same USA-made Gibson P-94 pickups.  If you happen upon one, it would be worth a look.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/5/2022 at 10:10 AM, Ybloods1 said:

Yes I still have it and It's for sale.  I added a stop tailpiece (installed by a professional luthier)  The original frequensator tailpiece comes with it.  I will ship in a hardshell case.  Price is firm at $1900.

Ok cool. Could you PM me some pictures of the guitar? Sorry for the late response—I think I only have notifications turned on for PMs.

I have one with original case and pick guard. It has some belt buckle marks on the back as I used it as a touring guitar. If it's any interest, I also used it to record an album with Muse a good few years back. Hard to see what these things are worth now but I know they're rare. How much would you offer? 

On 2/21/2022 at 6:01 PM, Samdas said:

I have one with original case and pick guard. It has some belt buckle marks on the back as I used it as a touring guitar. If it's any interest, I also used it to record an album with Muse a good few years back. Hard to see what these things are worth now but I know they're rare. How much would you offer? 

that sounds great—which color is it? would you mind PMing some pictures? thanks

And you recorded an album with Muse? That's crazy!

• 6 months later...
On 2/21/2022 at 3:01 PM, Samdas said:

I am interested. Is the blonde or sunburts