Gibson Brands Forums

Woodtone strings

generaldreedle

• 6 months later...
On 10/21/2020 at 1:57 PM, generaldreedle said:

Using them on my Southern Jumbo.  Really dumb marketing, calling them "country music", but they're actually pretty good

Yeah I think Woodtone strings are some of the best acoustic guitar strings I've tried. I was really impressed with the gauge of their "Country Series" strings at 12.5 halfway between lights and mediums. It's a nice weight and the tone is perfect on my Martin dreadnought. Maybe woodtone has the best guitar strings for country? I play all genres and they work for me!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 85gibsonj45 said:

Yeah I think Woodtone strings are some of the best acoustic guitar strings I've tried. I was really impressed with the gauge of their "Country Series" strings at 12.5 halfway between lights and mediums. It's a nice weight and the tone is perfect on my Martin dreadnought. Maybe woodtone has the best guitar strings for country? I play all genres and they work for me!

What if I don't want to be Country or Bluegrass. If they made one that was 11 - 53 or 12-54  I would try a set. Maybe they should make a Folk, Blues or Rock set.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

2 hours ago, 85gibsonj45 said:

Are they 80/20 Bronze or Phosphor? The reason I ask is a couple of my guitars sound optimally for all music) with old stock Martin SP Acoustic Light-Medium 80/20 Bronze strings (12.5s.). Martin discontinued the SP 80/20 Bronze Light Mediums versions, and now only has the Phosphor versions as Light Mediums in their Authentic Acoustic SP series.  I am well stocked for awhile with new old stock Bronze 80/20 packs, but at some point I’ll need to look for a 12.5 replacement brand of them, if such exists.

QM aka “Jazzman” Jeff

Edited by QuestionMark

13 hours ago, QuestionMark said:

Are they 80/20 Bronze or Phosphor? The reason I ask is a couple of my guitars sound optimally for all music) with old stock Martin SP Acoustic Light-Medium 80/20 Bronze strings (12.5s.). Martin discontinued the SP 80/20 Bronze Light Mediums versions, and now only has the Phosphor versions as Light Mediums in their Authentic Acoustic SP series.  I am well stocked for awhile with new old stock Bronze 80/20 packs, but at some point I’ll need to look for a 12.5 replacement brand of them, if such exists.

QM aka “Jazzman” Jeff

The two sets they make are coated PB.