Gibson Brands Forums

Simpson Sears Ltd. Model 26149 Gibson?

Jandira

They was an earlier post on here wanting some info on this guitar. I have this guitar, however there seems to be some inquiry as to what the the brand is. I was told Gibson, It is a great sounding guitar, however, I don't believe Sears made them? The earlier post was wondering if there were pics. Here they are.  Thanks in advance for any info on the brand of this guitar. Model number is 26149. 

Guitar2.jpg

Guitar3.jpg

26149 guitar.jpg

guitar5.jpg

Just now, dhanners623 said:

More knowledgeable people can correct me if I'm wrong, but I doubt Gibson had anything to do with it. Simpsons was a Canadian department store chain associated with Sears. 

Plus, it says made in Japan on the label.

The headstock is Gibson in shape. The body isn't.

The string-through bridge looks like it could be used either for steel or nylon strings

Sears Simpson LTD guitars were sold in Canada only.  At some point Sears had forged a partnership with the company and so began to carry their line of guitars.   I do not know who made the guitars for the Simpson Company but I can safely say it was not Gibson.  

Edited by zombywoof