Gibson Brands Forums

Good Job Gibson

'Scales

I hadn't checked out the range of electric guitars for a while as it used to be painfully complex and kind of ridiculous (IMO), but the current Original Collection seems right on the money both in terms of the guitars on offer and the pricing generally - yes, they seem to have gone back to Iconic [thumbup] and dumping the model year is fine I reckon, and must make it easier to manage inventory for everyone involved.

I have no interest in the Modern Collection (I'm sure many players will like the features though) but the Artist/Custom shop stuff looks interesting and not whacky which is great.

so good on ya Gibson - hope it works out better for you.

Edited by 'Scales
  • Like 2

From my experience the new ones are ICONIC indeed.  For the Modern series, the SG Standard is really nice.

Personally, I think the blew it with not trying to trademark the word ICONIC.  They certainly use it often enough. 

Then again, I can see trying to protect the ICONIC shape of the Flying V, for instance,

• Haha 1