Gibson Brands Forums

Martin0015M vs Guild m20

Desolationrow

Hi guys!
I need some help. I want an small body all hog acoustic and i want to know the differences between the Martin 0015M and the Guild m20 made in USA. Im singer songwriter and my style of playing is light strumming and some of fingerpicking, i use the guitar for accompaiment my voice. Thanks a lot for the help!

1 hour ago, Desolationrow said:

Hi guys!
I need some help. I want an small body all hog acoustic and i want to know the differences between the Martin 0015M and the Guild m20 made in USA. Im singer songwriter and my style of playing is light strumming and some of fingerpicking, i use the guitar for accompaiment my voice. Thanks a lot for the help!

I've been trying to find a Guild M-20 to play and just can't find one. I have played a bunch of 000-15M's and have owed 3 D-15M's, and they are fabulous guitars for the price. There is a debate weather Nick Drake played a M-20 or if he just held it for the cover of Bryter Layter. But if he did, that may be a good example of the Guild if it fact played on that album.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Haven’t played the guild, but I own a 1998 00-15 . Didn’t have the M designation because they weren’t using Sapele back in those days. This guitar has aged nicely. Today it’s louder with a lot more sustain, than it originally had. One of my favorite guitars. It’s my road trip guitar. Fits nicely in the back seat.

Edited by Paul14
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Paul14 said:

Haven’t played the guild, but I own a 1998 00-15 . Didn’t have the M designation because they weren’t using Sapele back in those days. This guitar has aged nicely. Today it’s louder with a lot more sustain, than it originally had. One of my favorite guitars. It’s my road trip guitar. Fits nicely in the back seat.

Yeah my D-15M is my go anywhere, I  don't care if it gets a ding on it guitar. It was a 2017 that I got for $750 used, right after we kicked into 2020 before all the craziness started.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

2 hours ago, Salfromchatham said:

I responded to you on AGF, so I won't repeat that stuff here, but I thought I would add a recording of me singing with my 00-15m.

Sal, that was awesome. What guitar are you using for the slide?

This is a superb arrangement, by the way.