Gibson Brands Forums

Is this LG1 legit?

gtg2034

I found this guitar on NYC craigslist today stating he is on upper east side.  The CL map shows it to be around financial district.

Seller did reply and say it was converted from a lefty to a righty.  But has not replied to my next email.  

I am really tempted to buy it if the guy would communicate, but I'm probably hoping it is something it is not.  

Seems like a scam as it is still for sale and this chain started back in Jan, but maybe it is legit.

I recommend only buying in person for such deals to make sure what I'm getitng.     

Would bracing be different on a left hand vs right hand, thus perhaps bracing not correct if converted?

I forgot about this until a few days ago.

The address I was given to pick the guitar up was number 24 on the street. Then they never responded to me again when I proposed the gas station a block away.

Last week, I was dropping some stuff off at a friend's house who lives at the other end of that street, and as I drove by, I realized that there is no 24.

Listing it in Manhattan but saying it is in Rochester was definitely meant as a way to get someone to pay for shipping on a guitar that might not exist. I wonder if the scammer is actually in Rochester, living on that street, and knowingly picked a number that isn't real in an attempt to hide their identity.

The seller replied  and says he is in Rochester...   He did not respond when I asked why he has it listed as being in NYC.

"We can meet tomorrow after work around 9pm
21 Kenilworth Terrace
Rochester"

and then said

"I can ship it for $50 if you can pay via paypal as friends. I can mail it asap and provide tracking number."

Not sure if it is a scam or not, but I'm not biting on it.

Update - He droppped shipping to $40 :>)

Edited by Corpblues