Gibson Brands Forums

Warranty Question

h4ck.b0x7

Doing work one part of your guitar does not void the warranty on another part of your guitar.  But leveling the frets effects the profile of the neck.  You'd have to convince them that the neck was twisted despite the leveling that's been done.  They make the decision whether it's under warranty and your only remedy would be legal at that point.

I'm not a lawyer. I was just pretending...

On 1/23/2021 at 11:33 AM, h4ck.b0x7 said:

Does a fret level void your warranty?

Does it matter where it is done?

What if the guitar has a twisted neck and you need to send it back?

•  

In a nut shell, yes,  if the neck is twisted, they will address it... but, if you're contemplating a warranty claim, don't do anything until you've exhausted that path.

It make take some time, and a whole lot of patience, but Gibson should take care of it. 

Would have to be thru an authorized warranty service center, or directly back to gibson, (this would be your choice I think)

You would need to have either registered the serial number when you bought it, or have your sales invoice to prove you are the original owner.   FYI that the warranty is not transferable if purchased 2nd hand.

I'd call customer service and get the ball rolling,  and GOOD LUCK!!

Edited by kidblast